Washington D.C. | Due: 07/21/20
FEWS NET’s Early Warning Team (EWT) seeks applications from qualified and experienced professionals to fill one full-time Data Management and GIS Specialist position in Washington D.C.
The Data Management and GIS Specialist will assist in the spatial and geographic coding of data, and GIS shapefile management; and provide support to ongoing and future initiatives related to data collection and survey tools, the production of high-quality visual analyses, and data visualization tools.
The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Data management and processing
- GIS and mapping
- Capacity strengthening
- Authorization to work in the United States required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; French, Spanish, and/or Arabic language skills are desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or a GIS-related field is required; advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) is desirable
- At least two years of relevant experience (with PhD), four years of relevant experience (with Master’s degree), or six years of relevant experience (with Bachelor’s degree) is required. Relevant experience includes professional experience with GIS platforms, data science, data curation, and mobile data collection technologies. Demonstrated previous experience with statistical tools to perform analyses, such as Excel, PowerBI, or Tableau is required.
Please refer and view the full job description by clicking on the PDF file link below. Interested candidates should apply to the Data Management and GIS Specialist position at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=3761 by July 21, 2020.