The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) seeks a full-time communications and information design specialist to be based in Washington, DC. FEWS NET is an integrated set of activities funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is intended to provide timely, accurate, evidence-based, and transparent food security early warning information and analysis.
Chemonics International (Chemonics) implements the FEWS NET Early Warning Team (EWT), a team charged with integrated emergency food insecurity analysis through a Washington-based technical office and more than 20 field offices.
The specialist will support efforts to effectively communicate information, analysis, and reporting to key audiences through mediums including monthly reports, special publications, multimedia platforms, traditional and social media, and external briefings, workshops, presentations, and events. The specialist is also responsible for supporting efforts to build intra-team cohesion and cross-team sharing through various internal initiatives and will complete specialized tasks identified by FEWS NET’s Senior Management Team (SMT), as needed.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Fluency in English is required; additional language skills in French and/or Spanish are desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required; an advanced degree in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- At least two years of relevant experience (with PhD), four years of relevant experience (with Master’s degree), or six years of relevant experience (with Bachelor’s degree) is required.
- Experience working in communications related to humanitarian programs and/or international development is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience translating technical messages into non-technical products for diverse audiences.
Please refer and view the full job description for the communications and information design specialist by clicking on the "Read More" button below. To apply, please complete the general application form and upload your CV and cover letter at our Career Center by April 18th, 2021
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.