Kabul, Afghanistan | Due: 07/27/19
Chemonics seeks applications from qualified and experienced Afghan national professionals to fill the position of Office Manager/Accountant (OM/A), who will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The OM/A is responsible for all financial matters relating to the project, including but not limited to:
- Managing accounting transactions and books
- Monitoring budget expenditures
- Supervising project procurements and inventory management
- Reviewing vendor invoices
- Ensuring proper financial reporting.
The OM/A will work under the supervision of the local National Technical Manager and in coordination with the home office in Washington, DC. Some travel within Afghanistan and sub-Saharan Africa may be required.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
- At least five years of relevant experience in accounting and financial and procurement management.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English, Dari, and/or Pashto required, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office word processing and spreadsheets software required.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and exercise professional judgment required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Chemonics International Inc. is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work. The full job description for the OM/A position can be viewed below. Interested candidates should fill out the general information form and upload their CV and a cover letter at https://fewsnet.formstack.com/forms/afghanistan_oma by July 27, 2019. All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English.